With all the unique ups and downs of military life, every military spouse can use a few military life hacks to keep life running smoothly. When chatting with other spouses at the playground or over a cup of coffee, I’m always surprised to learn that many spouses don’t know about these life hacks.
25 Genius Life Hacks for Military Spouses
1. Learn how to Space A and understand the true costs of Space A before you jump on board.
2. We all hope the worst never happens, but the truth is you never really know. Keep yourself up-to-date on your military widow’s death benefits.
3. When you are feeling down. Read these military wife quotes for encouragement.
4. Learning the ropes of military life is easier than you might think. Check out a few basics on military spouse etiquette.
5. Thinking about life after the military is often in the back of our minds. But it’s important to prepare your family for a civilian life transition using these tips.
6. Learn your Tricare and DEERS benefits. Here’s how to update DEERS and enroll in Tricare.
7. When you’re stumped with care packages, try one of these unique military care package ideas to surprise your service member.
8. Use these free checklists when you are getting ready to PCS:
9. If you find yourself defending your role as a military spouse, read this list of 57 things military spouses can stop apologizing for and let it all go.
10. Struggling to find friends in military life? Use these ideas to help discover awesome military spouse friends when you move to a new duty station.
11. Looking for awesome travel discounts for military families? This is the perfect list.
12. It’s okay to take the discount when it’s offered to you. You’ll love these military discounts for service members and families.
13. Finding a job in military life is challenging. Here are 22 things military spouses can do to find jobs.
14. Military life really can change your for the better. Here are 18 reasons why military life is awesome.
15. If you are looking to lose weight and stay sane during deployment, try out this deployment diet that no one ever talks about but everyone uses.
16. Did you know there is one thing all military spouses miss the most during deployment? Find it here.
17. Military marriage is filled with ups and downs. Here’s how to stay sane and happily married during deployment. And better yet, check out these 5 ways to save your military marriage from trouble down the road.
18. Ever wonder what makes a resilient military spouse? Here are 10 things resilient military spouses all do differently.
19. Budgeting in military life is totally doable. Here’s how to find a budget that works for military families, while still having fun!
20. There are several mistakes people often make when sending care packages. Avoid care package disasters using these tips.
21. Saving money on a military life budget is all about getting creative. Here are a few awesome ways to save money at the commissary.
22. Want to cheer up another military spouse but don’t know where to start? Buy her a SpouseBox–a military care package made just for spouses. The best part is they are super affordable.
23. If you’re not sure how to make the most of your career while in the midst of military life, grab this free eBook called Take Your Career and Pack It.
24. If you are parenting military kids during deployment, check out this list of amazing resources for military kids. Almost all of them are free!
25. Lastly, cry when you need to. Being a military wife is hard. It’s not the hardest or the worst, but it is hard. It’s okay to give into those feelings every once and a while.
Want more on military life?
- Military Spouse Jobs That Work for You, Not Against You
- Military Wife to Military Girlfriend: One Important Lesson You’ll Never Forget
- Are Military Spouses Unknowingly Violating OPSEC?
- 47 Things No One Tells You About Being a Military Wife
What’s your best life hack for military spouses? Let’s chat in the comments!