If you’re scouring the internet for “love messages for wife” or “love quotes for wife”, then chances are you’ve stumbled across some ridiculously cheesy messages.
In fact, I’m gonna go out a on a limb and say the majority of the romantic messages you found aren’t even close to something you’d say to your wife in real life.
Which means, if you give her a deep love message that sounds like you were born in 1905, your wife is going to say thank you and then laugh when you’re not looking or she will straight up laugh at you.
What you need are some romantic words for your wife that will…
- Make her love you more.
- Completely impress her.
- Help her feel beautiful.
- Completely squash any anger she feels toward you.
On This Page…
Here’s why you should take my word on the “I love my wife quotes.”
As a military spouse, my husband and I spend the first decade of our relationship apart 50% of the time.
Military couples know what’s up when it comes to love messages and quotes. We know how to convey our love both across the miles and face-to-face in a romantic AND REAL way.
We’ve exchanged hundreds of love letters between each other over the years, and I can wholeheartedly tell you that a sincere and believable love note will mean far more to your wife than some cheesy saying or quote you’ll find elsewhere.
Put These Romantic Love Messages in a Cute Note for Your Wife
My take on modern love messages is to keep them simple and sweet AND share them often with your wife. Don’t just go for the deep love message when she’s pissed at you. Tell her something sweet everyday!
1. “I’m still in love you with after all this time.”
2. “You are the love of my life and nothing can ever change that.”
3. “I love you to the moon and back.”
4. “I’m still crazy about you.”
5. “I’m head over heels for you.”
6. “You’re my other half.”
7. “I chose you. Everyday I chose you.”
8. “It’s always been you.”
9. “It was always you.”
10. “I love you exactly the way you are.”
11. “Everything about you turns me on.”
12. “Sometimes I can’t stop looking at you… you look so freaking sexy.”
13. “I can’t imagine spending my life with anyone but you.”
14. “You’re unlike anyone I’ve ever met.”
15. “We belong together.”
16. “I made you tacos.”
17. “I 100% without a doubt married up with you.”
18. “I will always wait for you.”
19. “I care about how you feel.”
20. “I want you to feel safe with me.”
Loving messages to write your wife when she is angry or super pissed off at you.
When your wife is crazy mad or angry, now is the most important time to write some romantic words. And guys, trust me with these quotes I’ve written below. Please do not underestimate the power of taking initiative with chores and how much that tells your wife you love her. I promise you these messages below will win her over!
21. “I don’t like seeing you upset. Tell me what I can do better. I love you too much not to figure this out.”
22. “I feel so lucky to have you, and I’m here to listen when you want to talk.”
23. “What you want matters to me.”
24. “You will always be enough for me.”
25. “I did the laundry.”
26. “I’ll put the kids to bed tonight so you can take a hot bath and read a book.”
27. “Your feelings are important to me. Tell me what is bothering you. I want to listen and hear without interrupting you.”
28. “I’m an idiot. But I’m your idiot, and I love you so damn much, I wrote you this note as a plea for us to talk and work it out.”
29. “I cleaned the toilets and wiped all the piss off the bowl and the floor. I love you more than anything. Please talk to me. I messed up.”
30. “I act stupid and there’s no excuse and I adore you.”
31. “Sometimes we fight and I don’t know why. I’m not trying to be hard-headed but I am sometimes. Can we talk?”
32. “I forget the way I say things really matters and I am sorry my tone sounded like a jerk.”
33. “I do like fighting with you sometimes because it’s fun until it isn’t, but I need you. Give me a chance to change.”
34. “I’m sorry. I was wrong. Let’s make up, make love and order take out.”
35. “I will make things right. Please tell me where to begin.”
Onto…the love quotes from authors or poets or famous people.
Actual quotes from authors or poets or famous people do have a time and place in romance too. Since my recommendation is to regularly shower your wife with sweet messages, throwing in a quote on occassion is perfectly fitting and romantic.
36. I may not be your first love, first kiss, first sight, or first date but I just want to be your last everything. –Unknown
37. You are my today and all of my tomorrows. –Leo Christopher
38. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” – The Notebook
39. We were together. I forgot the rest. – Walt Whitman
40. You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars – E.E. Cummings
41. “To me, you are perfect.” – Love Actually
42. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” ― Thomas Merton
43. “Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” ― Fred Rogers
44. “You will never age for me, nor fade, nor die.” – Shakespeare in Love
45. “I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.” – The Wedding Date
46. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
47. “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love… I love… I love you.” – Pride and Prejudice
48. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” – Good Will Hunting
49. “Love is anterior to life, posterior to death, initial of creation, and the exponent of breath.” – Emily Dickinson
50. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” – Hitch
51. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
52. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
53. “I love you, and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
54. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of most common questions I get via email from husbands looking for answers about love quotes and messages.
I would start simple and sweet. If she’s not used to receiving romantic notes or deep love messages, and you go into a dissertation that sounds like it was from high school English class, it will fall flat. Start with something short, modern and authentic.
The more you are attentive to what your wife wants – perhaps a clean house, to relax a little, to hear some affirming words from her husband – she will have a melted heart in your hands. Saying words is important, but showing your wife you love her through action is equally if not more important.
The most romantic saying of all time is “I chose you. I chose you every day. Forever.” It shows your wife that she is a priority in your life above other things. It shows your wife that even when you face challenges or you are both not at your best that you chose her. That means everything to a wife!
Outside of using one of the quotes or sayings above, I would notice the little things she does and say thank you. Show appreciation and notice the things she does to go out of her way to make your life better.
Your wife will feel most beautiful knowing that you’re strongly attracted to her and that nothing can change that. Something along the lines of “Sometimes I can’t stop looking at you… you look so freaking sexy.” Or “I’m so attracted to you. Even when I’m away from you, I can’t stop thinking about you.” Or name something specific about her that you love that others may not notice. That shows her how much you pay attention to her.
Leave her a cute note or love quote each morning before you leave the house for work, then as the work week ends, take her on a surprise date for the weekend.
Want more quotes and messages?
- 45 Perfect Love Quotes for Military Couples
- 50+ Motivational Military Quotes That’ll Make You Look Badass
- 30 Inspirational Mom Quotes That Every Mama Needs to Hear
- 42 Best Moving Away Quotes for Saying Goodbye to Friends and Family
- 85+ Most Inspiring Veteran Quotes to Say “Thank You for Your Service”
Michael m m wekesa
I am quite impressed , these are wonderful messages for everyday living love has life , once you take that breadth of love it is a jab with forever
Thanks for sharing some amazing tricks to make wife happy. I was successful in making my wife happy from your tips. Your Tips are just super cool.
Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Thanks, as a guy I feel so much for my love, wife of 52 years, it’s just hard to say them because they seem corny to me, they just don’t seem to come out without thinking she might laugh.