All moms need encouragement and inspiration, and inspirational quotes for moms are a great way to boost mood and increase happiness. Because you are doing a great job even when you don’t feel like it. You are doing a great job even when no one else tells you so. Hang in there mama! We are all in this together!
(And psst…don’t forget to check out our big list of 47 encouraging phrases for kids)
Here are 30 inspirational quotes for moms to help you push through all those tough days:
1. Your most valuable parenting skill is learning to manage yourself first. —Dr. Laura Markham
2. A mothers’ joy begins when new life is stirring inside…when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone. —Author unknown.
3. Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering. —Fanny Crosby
4. My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is. —Ron Olson
5. A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. —Anonymous.
6. Sleep is like the unicorn—it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any. —Author Unknown.
7. For a mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among ten children and each child still have all her love. —Anonymous
8. A mother continues to labor long after the baby is born. —Lisa Jo Baker
9. Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections. —Mary Organizes
10. It’s not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings. —Ann Landers
11. Mothers hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever. —Author Unknown
12. Men are what their mothers made them. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will find forgiveness. —Honore de Balzac
14. All mothers are working mothers. —Author Unknown
15. The most powerful thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. —Author Unknown
16. There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. —Chinese Proverb
17. And remember that behind every successful woman is a basket of dirty laundry. —Author Unknown
18 No influence is so powerful as that of the mother. —Sarah Josepha Hale
19. Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life. —Sophocles
20. Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries. -T. DeWitt Talmage
21. Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. —Oprah Winfrey
22. No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love. —Edwin Chapin
23. What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all. —Benjamin Spock
24. A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty. —Anonymous
25. A mother is someone who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. —Unknown Author
26. A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary. —Dorothy Canfield Fisher
27. Behind every great child is a mom who’s pretty sure she’s screwing it all up. —Unknown
28. The days are long but the years are short. —Gretchen Rubin
29. There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one. —Jill Churchill
30. Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do. —Matt Walsh
Printable Positive Affirmations for Moms
In addition to quotes, one thing that really helped me on the hard days was using a set of printable affirmations for moms.
They are a set of cards, so you can easily take different ones with you or place them around the house for motivation, inspiration or encouragement.
And since they are beautifully designed, they also make a perfect gift for moms.
Want more on Motherhood?
- 31 Days of Printable Affirmations for Moms
- A Sample Stay-at-Home Mom Schedule That Works Every Time
- Why I Finally Quit Doing It All
- 5 Unspoken Truths About Being a Stay-at-Home Mom
What is a inspirational quote for moms that encourages and motivates you?
Moms are always looking for encouragement (me included), so please share if you have a quote or mantra. We’d all love to know!
I've created a free email series just for you! If you don't feel the joy and happiness in motherhood that you always expected, this email series will change your view of motherhood. Yes, really. I've seen my proven strategies work time and time again for moms just like you. I know it can work for you too.
After taking my free email series, you will:
- Discover how to manage anger in motherhood
- Create a more organized and peaceful home life with kids
- Experience more joy and gratitude in motherhood
- Learn science-backed tips to improve your happiness
Sign up here or click the image below.