Surprise your mom this year with our best-selling printable affirmations for moms – now 50% off. No code required!
All moms need encouragement and inspiration, and inspirational quotes for moms are a great way to boost mood and increase happiness. Because you are doing a great job even when you don’t feel like it.
You are doing a great job even when no one else tells you so. Hang in there mama! We are all in this together!
These mom quotes are also perfect for Mother’s Day or anytime you want to share a heartfelt, beautiful message with your mother. (And psst…don’t forget to check out our big list of 47 encouraging phrases for kids)
Inspirational mom quotes for encouragement.
1. Your most valuable parenting skill is learning to manage yourself first. –Dr. Laura Markham
2. A mother’s love endures through all. – Washington Irving
3. A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside…when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone. –Author unknown.
4. Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering. –Fanny Crosby
5. My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is. –Ron Olson
6. A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. –Anonymous.
7. Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. — Barbara Kingsolver
8. The mother’s heart is the child’s school-room. —Henry Ward Beecher
9. Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother. — Unknown
10. When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know. —Charley Benetto
11. Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. —Marion C. Garretty
Motivational and Encouraging Quotes That Will Melt Her Heart
12. Sleep is like the unicorn—it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any. –Author Unknown.
13. For a mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among ten children and each child still have all her love. –Anonymous
14. I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. — Abraham Lincoln
15. Even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay. — Jojo Moyes
16. All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. — Abraham Lincoln
17. A mother continues to labor long after the baby is born. –Lisa Jo Baker
18. Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections. –Mary Organizes
19. Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. —Erich Fromm
20. It’s not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings. –Ann Landers
21. Mothers hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever. –Author Unknown
Beautiful Words for Any Mother
22. Men are what their mothers made them. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will find forgiveness. –Honore de Balzac
24. All mothers are working mothers. –Author Unknown
25. When you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know. — Mitch Albom
26. A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. —Princess Diana
27. To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow. — Maya Angelou
28. Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism. —Gilda Radner
29. A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. – Cardinal Mermillod
30. A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. —Honore de Balzac
31. The most powerful thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. –Author Unknown
32. Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
33. All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his. –Oscar Wilde
34. Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me. —Lady Gaga
35. A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. –Washington Irving
36. A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
37. Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face. – George Eliot
38. The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms. — Jodi Picoult
39. If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. —Stevie Wonder
40. He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. – J.K. Rowling
41. A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. —Victor Hugo
42. Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears. – Kate Winslet
43. Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. —William Makepeace Thackeray
44. If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands? —Milton Berle
Heartfelt Mother’s Day Quotes and Messages
45. There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. —Chinese Proverb
46. And remember that behind every successful woman is a basket of dirty laundry. —Author Unknown
47. No influence is so powerful as that of the mother. —Sarah Josepha Hale
48. Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life. —Sophocles
49. Everyone loves their mom; everyone’s got an important mom, but for me, she’s really the guiding force. — Taylor Swift
50. As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. — Kristin Hannah
51. Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries. -T. DeWitt Talmage
52. Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. —Oprah Winfrey
53. No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love. —Edwin Chapin
54. What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all. —Benjamin Spock
55. A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty. —Anonymous
56. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. — Agatha Christie
57. The love between a mother and a daughter is forever. — Patricia Wayant
58. A mother is someone who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. —Unknown Author
59. God couldn’t be everywhere so that is why he invented mothers. — Daphne Wilder
60. A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled — Emily Dickinson
61. Mama, you taught me to do the right things. So now you have to let your baby fly. You’ve given me everything that I will need. To make it through this crazy thing called life. — Carrie Underwood
Inspirational messages for any mother.
62. A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary. —Dorothy Canfield Fisher
63. Behind every great child is a mom who’s pretty sure she’s screwing it all up. —Unknown
64. The days are long but the years are short. —Gretchen Rubin
65. It doesn’t matter how old you are or what you do in your life. You never stop needing your mom. — Kate Winslet
66. There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one. —Jill Churchill
67. Mother was comfort. Mother was home — Ruta Sepetys
68. Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do. —Matt Walsh
69. When someone asks you where you come from, the answer is your mother. — Anna Quindlen
Printable Positive Affirmations for Moms
In addition to quotes, one thing that really helped me on the hard days was using a set of printable affirmations for moms.
They are a set of cards, so you can easily take different ones with you or place them around the house for motivation, inspiration or encouragement.
And since they are beautifully designed, they also make a perfect gift for moms.
Print this free self-care habit tracker
This post comes with a free self-care habit tracker printable to help make yourself a priority in the everyday moments.
Here’s a sneak peek…
Download Your Free Printable
- Download the checklist. You’ll get the printable, plus join my weekly newsletter!
- Print. Any paper will do the trick, but card stock would be ideal.
- Place it on your refrigerator. Check things off as you go and don’t forget a thing!
Want more on Motherhood?
- 31 Days of Printable Affirmations for Moms
- A Sample Stay-at-Home Mom Schedule That Works Every Time
- Why I Finally Quit Doing It All
- 5 Unspoken Truths About Being a Stay-at-Home Mom
- 31 Printable Affirmation Cards for Kids — They’ll Actually Use
What is a inspirational quote for moms that encourages and motivates you?
Moms are always looking for encouragement (me included), so please share if you have a favorite mom quote or mantra. We’d all love to know!
I've created a free email series just for you!
If you are struggling with feeling happy in motherhood, let me help you streamline your family's daily routines so you can enjoy your family life without the stress. Yes, really. I've seen my routines work time and time again for parents. I know it can work for you too.
This free email series will help you:
- Free sample routines for your child
- Best morning routine tips and tricks your kids will actually follow
- All-time favorite parenting hacks for getting more cooperation at bedtime
- Step-by-step guide for using a printable daily schedule with kids