My good friend Katelyn Fagan, author of the fabulous blog What’s Up Fagans?, asked me to share how my husband and I managed to create a successful budget that we could actually stick to in the long run.
So I started telling her that it all began back when my husband and I did pre-marital counseling there was a whole session talking about finances. Our pastor asked all the tough questions, and we jumped straight into the nitty-gritty, answering his questions with all the honesty we could muster.
As a military family, my husband and I decided budget to live off only his income regardless if I am working or not. It’s helped make money less of a financial stress for us, in addition to eliminating about 95% of fights over money.
In the month before we were married, we developed a monthly budget and a spreadsheet to track everything month to month (which I’m giving away as a FREE download!).
So head on over to What’s Up Fagan’s to see my complete post and learn all the details about:
- How to create financial transparency.
- How to create a budget.
- How to implement the budget.
- How to actually stick with the budget.
- How to use a monthly budget spreadsheet (FREE to download at the end of the post!)
Want more on military life?
- 21 Long Distance Friendship Truths Only a Military Spouse Will Understand
- The One Thing You’ll Miss Most During Deployment
- 47 Things No One Tells You About Being a Military Wife
- 3 Telltale Signs You’re Friends With an Awesome Military Spouse