This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Martinsburg College. All opinions are my own.
I remember applying to college years ago, and I actually used pen and paper and mailed in my application. It makes me laugh just thinking about it because it wasn’t even that long ago! Things have changed dramatically since then with everything becoming both streamlined and paperless.
There is another thing that has changed: The availability of the MyCAA program and the ability to choose an education provider with online distance learning programs that knows and understands MyCAA better than anyone else—Martinsburg College.
In case you don’t already know, MyCAA is a government funded program that offers up to $4,000 to eligible military spouses to advance their careers and educations. Amazing, right?
You have to be careful though because not every online education provider knows the MyCAA program as well as they should.
When I was choosing a college, I thought about how much it would cost me, how realistic it was to obtain the degree in a reasonable amount of time, and what were the graduation rates and student satisfaction scores. Those things are still important today.
Here are several important factors to consider when selecting a MyCAA college with online distance learning programs:
Will the online education provider allow you to remain loan and debt free?
Martinsburg College will allow you to complete your program with no loans and no debt.
What is the accreditation and licensure of the online education provider?
Knowing the accreditation and licensure will offer you assurance of quality because they are required to maintain ethical business practices, refunds, instructor qualifications and quality of educational offering.
What are the graduation rates, student satisfaction, and length of time in business?
All of these things point you to a reputable online institution.
What is the online education institution’s area of specialty?
Areas of specialization is important because some colleges are more apt to offer liberal arts training, while others are able to offer valuable skills training.
What is the typical amount of time a program takes to complete?
All too often, online educational institutions elongate programs in order to meet minimum requirements for eligibility to participate in the student loan program. This can leave you spending extra time and money on your education when you don’t have to.
Does the college understand the needs of service members and their families?
Most colleges with online distance learning programs have no idea how to manage a military spouse’s unique set of circumstances to allow her to complete an education. I was so impressed to hear that Martinsburg College has been working with the military community for over 10 years!
Why a school like Martinsburg College is something you should seriously consider.
- 95% of students that responded to surveys about Martinsburg College expressed satisfaction with their experience.
- If for any reason you cannot complete the program, you will receive a refund based on the amount of coursework completed. This means you only pay for what you actually completed. If you only complete one course, then you only pay for one course.
- Martinsburg College will give you complete access to a learning management system, which will allow you to easily navigate and complete your education program.
- There is also a textbook resource library available at no additional cost to you.
- If you are struggling and need a one-on-one, direct phone, or digital tutoring session, the college will provide you with those resources.
- If for any reason you are taking longer to complete your degree than normal, Martinsburg College will work with you for as long as you need to achieve success.
Being a military spouse and completing a degree might be easier than you think.
Once you are knee deep in military life, it can feel pretty overwhelming trying to start a career or get an education. I mean, it’s challenging when you are far from close family and friends to feel motivated and confident when it comes to accomplishing your goals, right?
You should feel encouraged though! With the MyCAA program, combined with the resources of a program like Martinsburg College, there are huge opportunities for success in your future. One of the most important things is to choose an education provider, who truly understands you, the military spouse. Martinsburg College just gets it. They get military spouses. They want you to succeed and get the education that you truly want.
Want more on military life?
- The Biggest Mistake a Military Spouse Can Make
- 7 Stages of Deployment Anger (And How to Manage Them!)
- How Strong Military Spouses Rock Deployment
- Military Spouse Jobs That Work for You, Not Against You