My husband and I frequently talk about what he will do for work when he retires from the military. There are so many great options out there today with companies striving to provide valuable business opportunities for veterans transitioning from military to civilian life.
One of the options that my husband talks about is running his own convenience store business. This might sound strange or funny transitioning from military life to owning a franchise, but after all the craziness of military life, the idea of owning a convenience store is very appealing to my husband. The other benefit is that he really could do this job anywhere. Since we aren’t quite sure where we will settle in the future, geographical options for my husband’s post-military career is a must.
So if your husband is like mine and he is looking for an amazing business opportunity, but not sure where to start, I have an exciting opportunity to share with you!
Here’s the scoop.
Right now, 7-Eleven is running a contest and giving away a convenience store franchise to one deserving U.S. Military Veteran! Seriously, how awesome is that? Joe DePinto, President and CEO of 7-Eleven, is a military veteran himself. He knows and understands veterans as much as anyone, and he wants to offer you the amazing opportunity to become a successful business owner.
Why own a franchise?
More and more veterans are realizing the amazing opportunities franchises can offer. In the past four years: 203, 890 new vet and military spouses have started franchising careers, 5,608 vets have become franchise owners. Even more so, in the past year 50,000+ vets have found employment in the franchise industry.
Voted Best for Veterans Franchise, 7-Eleven is one of the best franchise business opportunities for a military veteran because it is turnkey – they provide the store, land and equipment. They also offer gross profit split, which means they’re invested in your success, and you get extensive training support from franchise pros. The biggest advantage is that start-up is fast (3-6 months), and they’re with you every step of the way. With all of these perks, it’s easy to see that 7-Eleven cares about U.S. veterans with their franchise program striving to support and create jobs for them every day. Learn more about their amazing franchise program via 7-Eleven Franchise.
Here’s how you can enter the contest:
- Enter – fill out the form on the website OPERATION: TAKE COMMAND
- Apply – you may apply through January 25, 2015.
- Finalists announced – the top 10 finalists will be announced in March 2015.
- Make a video – finalists will create an impressive video explaining why they should be the winner.
- Videos are posted to Facebook – all finalist videos will be posted to the 7-Eleven Franchising Facebook page.
- America votes – the top three are flown to Dallas for a final interview.
- We have a winner! – the 7-Eleven franchise winner is announced April 13, 2015.
Sounds like this is for you!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to Operation Take Command and fill out your application today to win the world’s #1 convenience store! It’s easy, and it could change your future! Enter at www.VeteransFranchiseGiveaway.com, where every veteran has a chance to win! And who knows…one day we may be proud owners of a 7-Eleven right along with you!
Want more on military life?
- How to Find a Stunning Military Ball Dress for Under 100 Dollars
- 6 Military Homecoming Outfits That Will Make Him Swoon
- 10 Things Strong Military Spouses Do Differently
- MilSpouse Manners: 12 Must-Know Rules of Etiquette for Military Life