Inside: Deployment quotes for military spouses and significant others that will make your heart skip a beat. They’re the perfect set of military wife quotes to inspire you during the ups and downs of deployment.
I remember the first deployment goodbye after I fell in love with a service member. Painful doesn’t even begin to describe how much my heart ached. As I said goodbye to my boyfriend (now husband) at the time, I sobbed in a way that nearly incapacitated me.
Somehow I was able to drive myself from the airport back to my dad’s house. I immediately ran from the car and into a bedroom, quietly shutting the door behind me. My hands covered my face as I laid on the bed continuing to sob.
After a while my dad knocked and then entered. With a smirk on his face he said, “Well…did you go out last night and have too much fun?” He had no idea what just happened, nor that I’d been sobbing for over an hour straight. I removed my hands revealing my face, and I could tell that my dad immediately regretted his comment.
He hugged me and said nothing, which is exactly what I needed. Deep down I knew he wanted to understand, but couldn’t. That’s the thing about being a military spouse going through deployment: No one really understands what it’s like unless you’ve gone through it yourself.
During that first deployment it was a series of deployment quotes that helped carry me through. I kept them in my military spouse journal and then later turned them into memes on my Facebook page, The Military Wife and Mom.
Note: Post contains links that are part of the Amazon.com affiliate program, which means if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Deployment quotes that will inspire and encourage.
1. “Life is tough my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennet Henry
2. “Anything worth having is worth waiting for.” – Unknown
3. “True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.” – Unknown
4. “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” – Unknown
5. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce.” -Vivian Komori
6. “Life takes you unexpected places. Love brings you home.” -Unknown
7. “When we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” -Winnie the Pooh
8. “You never really know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” -Unknown
9. “You can buy a fancy dress, shave your legs three times and choose the perfect shade of lipstick, but what really matters is showing up and being there each and every step of the way.” -Lauren Tamm
10. “Couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger than they were before.” -Unknown
11. “They knew it. Time, distance, nothing could separate them. Because they knew. It was always right. It was always worth the wait.” -Unknown
12. “Always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” -Winnie the Pooh
More deployment quotes that will inspire and encourage.
13. “Be strong. It may be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.”
14. “Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel.”
15. “A lot of things may come and go, but not our love”
16. “Love doesn’t die easily, it thrives in all of life’s hazard’s. Except one; neglect.”
17. “While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.” ―Nicholas Sparks, Nights in Rodanthe
18. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -Winnie the Pooh
19. “If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.” -Bernard Byer
20. “The distance is so long, but our love is so strong.” -Unknown
21. “Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.” -Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
As it turns out, I did make it through that deployment the same way all military spouses and significant others do — by hanging on for dear life. If you’re looking for more deployment quotes that will inspire, you may enjoy these posts on long-distance love quotes:
- 18 Long Distance Love Quotes That Prove Love Knows NO Distance
- 100 Inspiring Long Distance Love Quotes
- 24 Long Distance Relationship Quotes for Couples Spending Time Apart
Printable Deployment Quotes
Want more on military life?
- The Real Reason Being a Military Wife Is So Hard
- 31 Best Military Wife Quotes for Encouragement
- 75 Awesome Military Care Package Ideas
- 10 Things Military Spouses Won’t Tell You About Deployment