Inside this post: Easy breast pump comparison through TRICARE to help you choose the best pump. Plus, how to get a breast pump through TRICARE for $0.
Preparing for a new baby is exciting, but it can also feel very stressful. Just take a walk through your local big box store and you’ll see hundreds of choices from clothes to bottles to car seats.
You want to make the best choice for your baby and your family, but at the end of the day, it gets exhausting. Putting your feet up sounds a lot more enticing than researching car seats or breast pumps for hours and hours.
Breast Pump Through TRICARE Comparison Chart.
To save you some time, our sponsor The Breastfeeding Shop is stopping by to share a breast pump comparison with you.
(This is the thing I love most about The Breastfeeding Shop: They help you find the best breast pump for your needs, and they do all the TRICARE paperwork for you.)
Adjustable speed, single pump and double pump are features included in all the above models, which makes it a little bit easier because you definitely need a pump with those features
They are all — relatively speaking — lightweight. Another huge bonus. Whether you want a closed system or not is totally up to you. The Medela is the only one that is not a closed system, which simply means you need to clean the tubing in addition to the bottles and flanges.
Here are some things to also consider when choosing a breast pump…
1. Will you be in situations that require you to pump without access to an outlet?
One example might be a very long car trip. In that case, you’ll want to consider a pump with battery capabilities.
2. Do you plan to travel a lot with your pump or need something easy to carry to and from work each day?
If so, choosing a pump that is discrete and easy to carry is important for you.
3. Is 2-Phase Expression® technology important to you?
This basically means the Medela pumps fast for the first two minutes until your milk lets down. Then it slows down to draw the most milk with each pump. This technology results in faster pumping sessions because you aren’t waiting forever for the letdown.
How to get your breast pump through TRICARE for $0.
1. Get a breast pump prescription from your TRICARE provider. If you don’t have a prescription yet, The Breastfeeding Shop will do it for you! All you have to do is let them know!
2. Fill out your order form on The Breastfeeding Shop’s website.
3. At the end of your form, choose your breast pump!
If you are looking to get started, The Breastfeeding shop is the simplest and easiest way to get a breast pump through TRICARE for $0. To get started, head over to this page to see everything they have to offer or give them a call at 866-255-6779.
This is a sponsored conversation in collaboration with The Breastfeeding Shop. All opinions and text are my own.
Want more on military life?
- 21 Things You May Experience Having a Baby With a Service Member
- Why I Didn’t “Go Home” When My Service Member Deployed
- To The Military Spouse Who Is Tired
- 47 Things Nobody Tells You About Being a Military Wife