I hope you are rounding out a wonderful 2021!
Each year a love to share a few things that we used and loved throughout the seasons. We spent a significant amount of time camping in the Southwest USA and visiting family in the Midwest.
These are the top themes that come to mind when I think of 2021:
- Quality Family Time
- Cheap Thrills
Post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.
Outdoor and Camping Items
Blackstone Griddle – Our Blackstone does not have a hood, but we use the 22″ and cook nearly all our breakfasts and dinners with this when we camp. My husband loves it, and when he originally got it, he started cooking on the card table in the garage (and burnt the table). Only use it on surfaces that can get warm 🙂
Mountain Mat – This 5×7 outdoor mat is made out of recycled plastic and it’s a veteran-owned business. Holds up really well even with lots of traction outside – a big win for me since our last outdoor mat didn’t fare so well. Comes with a convenient carrying case for easy portability.
Lands’ End Sleeping Bags – My mother-in-law got our kids these a few years ago and they still love and use them today. Comes with a pillow already attached, making it extra convenient. We even take them when we visit family. They make setting up a guest bed super easy! Just throw the bag on an air mattress or guest bedroom, and it’s all set!
Family Board and Card Games
These are the games over the past few years that we’ve played the most together and our kids seemed to prefer over others.
- Ticket to Ride
- Monopoly Deal
- Eye Found It – Disney
- Exploding Kittens
- Sushi Go
- Sleeping Queens
- Race to the Treasure
Cooking with kids
Making food together is a life skill that will serve your children for years to come. This is a wonderful experience gift without needing to leave your home.
- Raddish Kids – A cooking club for kids (subscription box)
- Wooden Montessori Cooking Stool for Kids
- Ninja Blender – This is the one we have and we make smoothies all the time with it.
- Aerogarden – Got this last year and love to use it for herbs (cilantro and basil). Kids love to water it.
Outdoor Toys for Kids
I have a HUGE list of outdoor toys for kids that’s been very popular with readers. Top items continue to be…
- Ninja Warrior Obstacle Training Course for Kids
- Original Stand Up Surfing Swing.
- EzyRoller Ride On Sitting Scooter
Open-Ended Toys for Kids
Remember – Toys are meant to be tools that serve both you and your kids! Open-ended toys offer more play opportunities and keep kids engaged for YEARS.
Not all our toys are open-ended, but we try to keep as many around as possible. Makes life so much better!
Cozy Sleepytime Items
I’m all for making the kids’ bedrooms as inviting as possible. The cozier the better! They love being in their rooms at bedtime and that’s a win for me.
- Fairy lights – Sets the mood for wind down and it’s simply adorable.
- Essential oil diffusers – Diffusers have come a long way in recent years so you have lots of options to choose from. We still only use Young Living for our essential oils though.
- Lavender weighted blankets – You’ll find them at most big box stores. We have this one from two years ago and my daughter still sleeps with it every night.
Looking for toddler gifts?
- 47+ Stocking Stuffers for Kids That Will Make Christmas Magical
- 35 Stocking Stuffers for Kids Under $10
- 20 Stocking Stuffers for Toddlers Under $10
Looking for holiday activities?
Looking for military gifts or veteran-owned businesses?
- The Giant Holiday Gift Guide of Vet and MilSpouse Owned Businesses
- 15 Unique Military Gifts That’ll Never Disappoint
- 11 Amazing Military Retirement Gifts
I've created a free email series just for you!
If you are struggling with feeling happy in motherhood, let me help you streamline your family's daily routines so you can enjoy your family life without the stress. Yes, really. I've seen my routines work time and time again for parents. I know it can work for you too.
This free email series will help you:
- Free sample routines for your child
- Best morning routine tips and tricks your kids will actually follow
- All-time favorite parenting hacks for getting more cooperation at bedtime
- Step-by-step guide for using a printable daily schedule with kids