Christmas games for families is my all time favorite way to to spend time during the holidays. Well…outside of shopping for toddler stocking stuffers.
Christmas family games are an especially great way to bond with family you don’t see very often. It breaks the ice and offers you something to do when you aren’t sure how to start up a conversation.
Most of the games take about 30 minutes and they all dual as holiday games for kids if the parents want to sit out and enjoy a chat as adults.
Family Christmas games get kids and adults involved in an activity together; so whether you’re enjoying a family gathering, hosting a kids’ holiday party or simply wanting to beat boredom this holiday season, the whole family–both child and adult–will love these 30 awesome Christmas games for families!
Christmas Games for Families
If you decide you’d rather not try one of these DIY games, check out this post: Forget Candyland! This Is the Best List of Board Games for All Ages.
1. Snowman Toss family game from A Girl and a Glue Gun. The kids go crazy over this one!
2. Christmas Pom Pom Drop from Lalymom
3. Roll a Snowman Dice Game from Somewhat Simple. Roll the dice and build a snowman. Fun and unique game to play from other Christmas games we’ve found.
4. Ornament Beanbag Toss from Positively Splendid. Rules are easy and it occupied our kids during Christmas break when they were in the house.
5. Silver Bells Memory Game from I Can Teach My Child. This is the Christmas version of the game memory. So easy!
6. Win It in a Minute Christmas Edition from the Dating Divas. This is a fast-paced and hilarious game.
7. Christmas Bingo from Candles and Favors.
8. Christmas Bowling from Keeping It Simple. Rules are easy and the kids enjoyed playing.
9. We’ve Been Elf-ed Game from Organized Christmas
10. Christmas Charades Game from Moms and Munchkins
11. Going on a Candy Cane Hunt from Dirt and Boogers
12. Christmas Trivia from Lil’ Luna
13. Ornament Matching Game from Toddler Approved
14. Christmas Card Game from Nurture Store
15. Christmas Charades with Free Printable from A Mom with a Lesson Plan
16. Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt from Kids Activities Blog
17. Sight Word Christmas Tree Game from Playdough to Plato
18. Christmas Word Game from My Creative Family
19. Christmas Counting Game from Pleasantest Thing
20. Christmas Game: What’s in the Bag? from Gift of Curiosity
21. Christmas Matching Game from Dirt and Boogers. Playing this game is so simple, but the kids always have a fun time with it.
22. Christmas Scavenger Hunt from Hands as We Grow
23. Christmas I Spy Game from Pleasantest Thing
24. Christmas Memory Game from I Can Teach My Child
25. Christmas Nativity Games from Housing a Forest
26. Christmas Rhythm Game with Free Printable from Let’s Play Music
27. Christmas Party Games from Teach Preschool
28. Printable Christmas Game from Kids Activities Blog
29. Holiday Party Game Ideas for Kids and Adults from Kids Creative Chaos
30. Color the Christmas Ornaments Coloring Game from Buggy and Buddy
31. Christmas Charades Game from Childhood 101. This is fun for a family game night.
32. Christmas Craft Sticks from Teach Me Mommy
33. Twelve Days of Christmas Printable Game from Teach Beside Me
34. Christmas Charades from Joys of Boys
More posts you may enjoy!
- 20 Stocking Stuffers for Toddlers Under $10
- 30 MORE Christmas Party Games to Enjoy
- 50+ Open-Ended Toys That’ll Keep Kids Busy for Hours
- The Real Reason Kids Never Want to Go to Sleep
- 2 Year-Old Not Listening? Try This Remarkable Tip
- 9 Miracle Phrases to Use When Dealing with a Strong Willed Child
I've created a free email series just for you!
If you are struggling with feeling happy in motherhood, let me help you streamline your family's daily routines so you can enjoy your family life without the stress. Yes, really. I've seen my routines work time and time again for parents. I know it can work for you too.
This free email series will help you:
- Free sample routines for your child
- Best morning routine tips and tricks your kids will actually follow
- All-time favorite parenting hacks for getting more cooperation at bedtime
- Step-by-step guide for using a printable daily schedule with kids