Inside: The ultimate guide of books written by military spouses and includes books about military life, fiction and informative guides. If you are looking for a good book to read, check out these incredible titles written by and for military spouses.
As a military spouse and published author, I am always looking out for fellow military spouses who are also writing books. The more I looked into it, the more I was amazed by the depth of talent in our community!
Military spouses have published books on a variety of topics. Of course there are many about military life. But there are also romances, suspense, practical how-to books, travel guides, and journals. If you are looking for a good book to read, check out these incredible titles written by and for military spouses.
Note: Post contains affiliate links that are part of the Amazon.com affiliate program, which means if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission.
Books written by military spouses about military life.
- Modern Military Spouse, by J.D. Collins, Lauren Tamm, and Jo, My Gosh
- Confessions of a Military Wife, by Mollie Gross
- Stories around the Table, by various authors.
- Behind the Scenes, by Cara Loken and others
- No Man’s War, the irreverent confessions of an infantry wife, by Angela Rickets:
- Sacred Spaces, by Corie Weathers
- 15 Years of War, by Kristine Schellhass
- You are not Alone, by Jen McDonald
- Journey Through Deployment, by Kathryn Sneed
- Spouse Calls, by Terri Barnes
- Be Safe, Love Mom, by Elaine Brye
- Life, Recalculated by Denise Rivera
- The War at Home, by Rachel Starnes
- Heroes at Home, by Ellie Kay
- Dinner with the Smileys, by Sarah Smiley
- 1001 Things to love about military life, by Crooks, Henderson, Hightower, and Scherer
- Faith Deployed, and Faith Deployed Again, by Jocelyn Green
- Finding Joy, by Hope Griffin
- Standing By, by Alison Buckholtz
- I Love a Man in Uniform, by Lily Burana
- Sleeping with the War, by Melissa Comeau
- Journey of a Military Wife, by Brenda Pace. This 4-part series is Bible reflections for different moments of military life. Military base chaplains often have free copies.
- Surviving Deployment and Life After Deployment, by Karen Pavlicin
- Confessions of a Tired Veteran Spouse Caregiver, by Ciera Lin Adams
- You know when the Men are Gone, by Siobhan Fallon
- Got Your Six: a journal for military spouses, by Megan Casper and Alana Le
- Signature Strengths of Military Families, by Jacey Eckhart
- Homefront Club: the Hardheaded Woman’s Guide to Raising a Military Family, by Jacey Eckhart
- Heart of a Hawk and Surviving the Folded Flag: Deborah Tainsh
- Military Spouse Journey: Holly Scherer and Katie Hightower
Fiction books written by military spouses.
- Kim Mills: The Way Home series
- Kerri-Leigh Grady: The Right Kind of Guy (What Happens in Vegas)
- Jamie Farrell: Her Rebel Heart, Misfit Brides, Mr. Good Enough
- Chanel Cleeton: The Wild Aces Romance trilogy, Capital Confessions
- Andria Williams: The Longest Night
- Jamison Stone: Rune of the Apprentice
- Krys Adams: Crown of Roses
- Stacey Reynolds: The O’Brien Tales series
- Katie Foley: Faith in Uniform series
- Marla Bautista: My Thoughts Abandoned (Poetry)
- Jodie Bailey: Love Inspired Suspense, Quilts of Love series
- Geri Krotow: Navy Rules, the Coltons of Shadow Creek, The Bayou Bachelors. A Navy Academy graduate, Geri donates copies of her books to military spouses.
- Rebecca Yarros: Eyes Turned Skyward and countless more.
Informative guide books written by military spouses.
- Right Side Up, by Judy Davis
- The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement, by Doug Nordman. Free copies may be available at your base library or Family Support Center.
- Mommy Retailing, by Lakesha Cole
- The Laundry List, by Rachel Brenke
- Mission Entrepreneur, by Jen Griswold
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals for Christian Entrepreneurs, by Trista Laborn
- Talk to the Teacher, by Meg Flanagan
- Seasons of My Military Student, by Amanda Trimillos and Stacy Allsbrook-Huisman
- Breathing Room: Letting Go so you can Fully Live, by Leeana Tankersley
- Loving Your Life: 7 Steps for Military Wives, by Dr. Dorothy Bonvillain
- Welcome to Rota, by Lizann Lightfoot
- Welcome to Yokosuka, by Ciara Skiles
- The Warrior’s Bride: Biblical Strategies to help the military spouse thrive, by Kathy Barnett and Carrie Daws
- Past Partum, From Shattered to Sane, by Lauren Cecora
- How to be Your Husband’s Other Woman, by J. M. Medellin
- Hello Rosie planner for military spouses
- The Sharing Journal by Alexa Grace Simmons
Want more on military life?
- 25 Best Deployment Resources for Military Spouses
- 12+ Books for Military Kids During Deployment
- The Real Reason Being a Military Wife Is So Hard
- To My Military Spouse Friends…You’ll Never Know