Inside: Use these unique baby shower invitations to create excitement around your event. Almost unlimited color options and custom samples to view. This post is sponsored by Basic Invite.
Overwhelm: Preparing for motherhood that was the first word that always came to mind. I had no idea where to begin or prepare.
Choosing a car seat felt harder than the heinous British History essay exam I took in college. Somewhere between deciding on the right bottles to selecting the right crib, I gave up and did nothing.
I felt paralyzed, and the baby hadn’t even arrived yet.
In the midst of my overwhelm, a friend called and announced: I’m throwing you a baby shower!
In a big way, I felt relieved.
Relieved that other moms were going to choose for me. Relieved that I didn’t need to figure it out by myself. Relieved that I could get the support I craved.
(And hopefully have some fun and cake too!)
After making a list of guests, my friend gathered a list of unique baby shower invitations to help get everyone excited about coming. Here are some of my current favorites…
10 unique baby shower invitations.
1. Delilah Baby Shower Invitation
2. Safari Soiree Baby Shower Invitations
3. Baby Wreath Shower Invitation
4. Peeping Giraffe Baby Shower Invitation
5. Sailboat Baby Shower Invitation
6. Woodland Outline Baby Shower Invitation
7. Special Stork Baby Shower Invitation
8. Hello Baby! Baby Shower Invitation
9. Anchors Aweigh Baby Shower Invitation
10. Baby Wreath Shower Invitation (second version)
We finally decided on a sailboat baby shower invitation and a nautical-themed baby shower. And while I adored all the burp cloths, blue onesies and sailboat toys, what I most appreciated was the guests — my true friends — that celebrated with me.
As the baby shower ended and all the guests were gone, my friend walked over, put her arm around my shoulder and shared something that was more valuable than any perfectly crafted diaper cake.
She told me that one day I may go to the bathroom, shut the door, slide to the floor and…cry.
(She was right.)
She told me that one day I would feel true joy and happiness watching my son take his first poop on the potty.
She told me that many days my patience would run razor thin and that finding tools to tame my temper, make family meals easier and get organized would make all the difference.
(I needed that.)
She told me that one day I may look in the mirror and not recognize myself. That I would question whether my identity only revolved around one thing…motherhood.
I picked up the phone recently, called her and told her that she was right. About all of it.
Motherhood is beautiful, powerful, important, magical – of course it is.
But it can be haaaard, and it doesn’t come naturally or easy to many women (me included).
As funny as it sounds, I’m so glad my friend and I spent time choosing the right baby shower invitation to get friends excited to attend.
Baby showers — at first glance — seem like only a celebration with gifts and cake. But they are also a place where moms gather to share truthful and raw moments of motherhood.
You never quite know what motherhood will throw at you. It’s your friends that carry you though.
Looking for more baby shower invitations?
Basic Invite is one of the few baby shower invitation websites that allows customers…
- Almost unlimited color options with instant previews online.
- The ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation so you can see exactly how it will print as well as the paper quality before you have to place your final order.
- Over 40 different colors of envelopes.
- Free address collection service: Share a link, collect addresses, and get free envelope printing.
Here are some fun places to start with Basic Invite…
- Simple baby shower invitations.
- Baby boys shower invitations.
- Baby girl shower invitations
- Twins baby shower invitations.
- Baby shower thank you cards.
Want more on motherhood?
- This Moment Is Fleeting
- When Motherhood Feels Heavy, Remember This
- 7 Things Resilient Mothers Do Differently
- Dear Mom Who Feels Like a Terrible Mother
I've created a free email series just for you! If you don't feel the joy and happiness in motherhood that you always expected, this email series will change your view of motherhood. Yes, really. I've seen my proven strategies work time and time again for moms just like you. I know it can work for you too.
After taking my free email series, you will:
- Discover how to manage anger in motherhood
- Create a more organized and peaceful home life with kids
- Experience more joy and gratitude in motherhood
- Learn science-backed tips to improve your happiness
Sign up here or click the image below.